Rumors of an Apple tablet are still wandering the web. Other consumer electronic companies aren’t going to wait and see for the Apple wonder tablet, so Notion Ink is just one of the non-Apple which will see in the near future.
Slashgear announced today, few days earlier than expected, details of Notion Ink’s “Smartpad” tablet. It has 10.1″ display, and is one of the first to use Pixel Qi’s 3qi screen. The following specs for the soon-to-be-released device are quite interesting:
– 6.3 x 9.7 x 0.6 inches.
– 1.7 lbs.
– WiFi b/g, Bluetooth, UMTS/HSDPA (3G).
– Digital Compass, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, Water sensors.
– USB, HDMI, 3-megapixel autofocus camera, Video Recording.
– 32GB SSD, SD Slot.
– Android OS with Gesture Support.
– 1024×600 Pixel Qi display.
– 48 hrs standby battery, 8 hrs HD video playback, 16 hrs internet surfing over WiFi
Unfortunately, no price was given yet to the device. The Pixel Qi display is expected to offer significant power savings and greater visibility during sunlight exposure.
Apple lovers should wait for a tablet of roughly the same size to be launched later in 2010. The table is expected to run the iPhone operating system.
Image source: macrumors.com