Zsa Zsa Gabor was transported to the hospital unconscious

Gabor, 93, was in “a great deal of pain” Tuesday morning and her husband, Frederick Prinz von Anhalt, found her to be “not responsive,” her spokesman, John Blanchette, told Reuters.

“She’s still in the emergency room, but the doctors stabilized her. She was in a great deal of pain this morning with her hip, then she went quiet and unresponsive,” spokesman John Blanchette told the Daily News. “Frederic called 911 and brought her to UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center with a Fire Department escort. So she’s been in the ER since then. They have stabilized her but want to do more tests.”

“It’s been very tough,” Blanchette added. “Frederic collapsed from exhaustion recently. He’s only getting four or five hours of sleep each night caring for her.”

“Frederick said he did not want to torture her anymore,” publicist John Blanchette said, adding that the star was “in and out of consciousness.”

Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was hospitalized several times in recent months due to complications following an operation to replace a hip joint. In mid August, she refused a new surgery and asked to be transported to her residence in the luxurious Bel Air neighborhood of Los Angeles, where she lives with her husband, Frederic von Anhalt.

Frederic von Anhalt made headlines several years ago when he claimed the paternity of starlet Anna Nicole Smith’s daughter, just days after actress’ death.

Image source: nydailynews.com