Below are the top 5 most expensive divorces in the world:
1. Rupert and Anna Murdoch, 1.7 billion dollars: media giant Rupert Murdoch married Anna in the ’60s and they stayed together for 32 years until 1998, when they parted amicably. The divorce was finalized in June 1999, when Anna received $ 1.7 billion, and 17 days later, Rupert married Wendi Deng Murdoch.
2. Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone, 1.2 billion dollars: the divorce pronounced in 2009 between billionaire Bernie Ecclestone and wife Slavica was initially considered the most expensive in the world with a partition that left Mrs. Ecclestone with $ 4 billion. The figure was never made public, but it seems to be around 1.2 billion dollars.
3. Adnan and Soraya Khashoggi, 874 million dollars: Saudi businessman Adnan made his fortune mostly from weapon trafficking for the Saudi royal family, after which he founded the Swiss company that owns Triad banks, hotels and real estate properties worldwide. He married Soraya in 1961 and divorced in 1982, leaving his ex-wife with 874 million dollars.
4. Tiger Woods and Elin Nordegren, 750 million dollars: Accused of infidelity, famous golfer Tiger Woods will pay $ 750 million divorce to Swedish model Elin Nordegren, who consequently agreed never to speak publicly about her former husband’s escapades. She will also keep the vacation home in Florida, the apartment in Stockholm and a farm on a Swedish island.
5. Craig and Wendy McCaw, 460 million dollars: Craig McCaw’s fortune was built by turning a cable television provider on the brink of bankruptcy into a successful business, which he later sold for 755 million dollars. But the bulk came from the sale of mobile licenses to AT & T for $ 12 billion. The divorce brought Wendy 460 million dollars.