Perhaps comics would find it harder to make fun of politicians unless they made gaffes in their speeches.
Here is a top of the funniest blunders made by politicians around the world:
5. “I was in Germany over the weekend and President Putin of Germany Gave one of the old Cold War Speeches he addressed the conference there, ” Sen. John McCain said in his presidential campaign.
4. “I would never approach a small-breasted woman,” said President Bill Clinton, denying that he had sexually assaulted Kathleen Willey.
3. “I’ve now been in 57 states – I think one left to go,” said the current president, Barack Obama, during a campaign in Beaverton, Oregon.
2. “Queen Elizabeth Taylor,” said Thai Prime Minister Banharn Silpa-Archa, referring to the Queen of England.
1. “I am not a communist and neither is the revolutionary movement”, said Fidel Castro, a man who had stated about himself: “I am a Marxist-Leninist and I will be one until the last day of my life.”