Here are some facts you probably didn’t know about these two actresses:
• She is fluent in German.
• After finishing college, she worked as a waitress, bartender, cocktail waitress, coat checker.
• She hates musicals, even though her mother was an opera singer, and swore that she would never star in one.
• In 2007, Forbes magazine estimated her fortune at $ 10 million a year.
• During childhood she suffered from bulimia.
• In 1999, she was ranked amongst People magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World and the same magazine named her Woman of the Year in 2010.
• She is the only performer ever to have received an Oscar and a Razzie for the same year. (She won the award for Best Actress at the Golden Globes, Academy Awards, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for her performance in The Blind Side, and two Razzies for her performance in All About Steve.)
• During childhood, due to her love of animals she wanted to be a vet, but eventually studied journalism.
• She had relationships with actors Matthew Perry, Benjamin Bratt, Liam Neeson, Daniel Day-Lewis and she was engaged to Kiefer Sutherland.
• She is a fan of Indian actress Aishwarya Rai, whom she once commented on being “The most beautiful woman in the world, more beautiful than any Hollywood actress.”
• She refused roles in Basic Instinct, Shakespeare in Love, Sleepless in Seattle and The Proposal.
• Julia ranked amongst the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine in 2000. She was also chosen Sexiest Bespectacled Star by the readers of In Touch magazine. Ranked #1 on Forbes magazine Power 100.
• She is good friends with Susan Sarandon, Denzel Washington and Bruce Willis.
• First actress to reach $ 20 million as a salary for Erin Brockovich, the role that earned her an Academy Award.