Here are some things you might not know about these two artists:
• Shakira means “grateful” and “full of grace” in Arabic.
• Says she doesn’t want to be perceived as a model.
• She loves the sea, she was born and grew closer to the ocean, and she calls it a “magical place.”
• She likes to read about history and sometimes feels like was born in the wrong era.
• She thinks the best part of her body is her brain.
• She admires people who take their clothes off for art, but believes something like that doesn’t suit her.
• Her favorite flowers are sunflowers and daisies.
• She likes to swim and play tennis; she loves Indian movies and music.
• Lists John Lennon as her #1 musical influence.
• Her name comes from her mother’s maiden name.
• At 7, she won the top prize in a competition for children, where she performed the song “Imagine” by John Lennon.
• She would have liked to have Latin origins.
• She’s good friends with Gwyneth Paltrow, and she’s known Kelly Rowland since childhood.
• She’s a fan of the music and dance from Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
• She developed a stage persona named “Sasha” in order to get over her shyness.
• She and her group were discovered by Whitney Houston.
• She is a big fan of Indian actress Aishwarya Rai.
• Her favorite item of clothing is a pair of path work metallic boots.