Choose your favorite singer. Voting is open until Tuesday.
• When she auditioned for her role in High School Musical she sang Robbie Williams’ song “Angels”.
• Is good friends with Ashley Tisdale and Miley Cyrus.
• Recorded her first album “V” in just two months; it debuted at No. 34 on Billboard and sold 500.000 copies.
• Naked pictures of her leaked on the Internet earlier this year.
• She has a butterfly tattooed on her neck.
• She has been home-schooled since the seventh grade.
“This is going to sound really funny. I have a poster of Zac Efron on my wall! I think every girl has a poster of him in their room so, why not join the club!”
“I want to let my fans get to know a little about me. I’m very thankful for everything they’ve done for me so, of course, I’m going to let them into my world a bit. But I really am a very private person, and I love kepping my life to myself-that’s how I’ve always been.”
• At the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards she experienced an awkward situation. As she was getting ready to hold an acceptance speech for “Best Female Video of the Year”, Kanye West went up on stage, took the microphone away from her and said the best in the category was Beyonce (see video here).
• She taught herself to play guitar.
• She’s the youngest singer to win the CMA Entertainer of the Year Award in 2009.
•Is good friends with Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez.
• Was ranked #31 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 of 2010 list.
•It was rumored that she wrote about a former love interest, Taylor Lautner, in the song “Back to December”.
“When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he’s everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he’s not easy to spot; he’s really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair.”
• Racy photos of her leaked on the net last December.
• She’s good friends with Ashley Tisdale and Demi Lovato.
• A huge scandal broke out when a video of her experimenting with a bong at a party appeared on the net.
• Two years ago personal photos surfaced on the Internet.
• Miley has five tattoos: “Just Breathe” under her left breast, in tribute to a young friend who died of cystic fibrosis, a cross and a heart on the fingers, the word “Love” on her ear and a dream catcher on her ribs.
•While on tour, she befriended her backup dancer, Mandy Jiroux. They have a Youtube channel called MileyMandy, that they regularly update with new videos.
“I was having lunch with my brother and I had on my pajamas, i wasn’t wearing makeup, and my hair was totally nasty. So we get to the restaurant and the first thing I hear is, ‘You look a lot better on TV!’. Somtimes it’s really weird to hear stuff like that. I just think ‘Well that was harsh!’. But then again, there are times when someone will come up to me and say , ‘Ohmigosh! You’re so cute and I love your show!’. And when that happens I just think ‘This is sweet!'”
• Has a tattoo with the words “You Make Me Beautiful.”
• She’s a fan of Kelly Clarkson and her favorite song is “Hollywood” by The Jonas Brothers.
• She is a skilled pianist and guitar player.
• Racy pics of her leaked on the net last year.
•She is a fan of heavy metal music, such as Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, Abigail Williams, The Devil Wears Prada, and Job for a Cowboy.
• Demi recently opened up to 20/20 about her problems with cutting, bulimia and emotional issues.
“I chose to leave public school. I was kind of bullied . . . Everyone signed a petition that said, ‘We all hate Demi Lovato’.”
“The only thing I could see myself doing is music – songwriting or producing or something. I’ve never seen myself being in any other business, I’ve been working in this one since I was 5 years old! I could do other things, but I wouldn’t want to.”
• Selena’s mother, Mandy Cornett, was 16 when she gave birth to her. Selena has no siblings and her parents divorced when she was 5 years old; her mother remarried 10 years later.
• Is good friends with Demi Levato and Taylor Swift.
• She has four dogs, Chip, Willy, Fina and Wallace.
• She has been in a relationship with Justin Bieber since 2010.
• Was named the youngest ambassador to UNICEF at age 17.
•Selena has a YouTube show with her best friend Demi Lovato called “The Demi and Selena Show”.
“I’m kind of lame. I prefer quiet evenings at home, hanging out with my family.”
“It’s not as glamorous as it looks. I don’t do it for the glamour. I really do it because I love acting. We deal with things at work and we get in trouble every now and then when we have to focus.”