These two charming actors actually have a few things in common, besides their attractive looks: they’re both family men, have been married for more than 14 years and each have two kids.
Here are some facts about each of them:
• He met his wife in 1995 on the set of the TV series Correll.
• Jackman himself designed the engagement ring and their wedding rings have an inscription in Sanskrit which reads, “Om paramar mainamar,” translated by Deborra as “we dedicate our union to a greater source. ”
• The stuntman who doubled for him in two of his films (Van Helsing, X-Men: The Last Stand) is his brother-in-law, Richard Bradshaw.
• He doesn’t smoke and feels horrible about having to smoke in movies.
• His wife had two miscarriages, reason for which they decided to adopt two children: Oscar Maximilian Jackman (born 15 May 2000) and Ava Eliot Jackman (born 10 July 2005).
• He was named “Sexiest Man Alive” in 2008 by People magazine.
• He can’t read without his glasses so he usually memorizes his speeches at events where he is invited.
• He was one of People magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” 5 years in a row.
• Jackman was appointed as a goodwill ambassador for Seoul, South Korea, on April 10, 2009.
• Since 2010, Hugh Jackman is the brand ambassador for Lipton Ice Tea, his first brand partnership.
• He has been married to Sarah-Jane Fenton for 16 years and they have two children.
• He met his wife at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art while playing in Romeo and Juliet.
• He began acting in movies at the age of 13.
• Was voted top choice by James Bond fans for the role of the secret agent in Casino Royale.
• He was included in various charts: Empire magazine’s 100 Sexiest Stars (# 25) and 15 Sexiest Men in Elle magazine (# 5).
• When on the set of Beyond Borders his co-star Angelina Jolie told him he was sexy, he “fell over laughing”.
• Landed the role of King Arthur after Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Mel Gibson turned it down.
• In 2006 he was voted “Best dressed male” by GQ magazine.
• He is the face of a new Lancome anti-aging cream for men and the spokesman of the cosmetics firm’s new Hypnose Homme fragrance.
• He is the owner of a cinema in England and a supporter of Liverpool Football Club.