Pic: Robbie Williams in bed with food poisoning

Take That said in a statement on Twitter: “a horrible decision to make and one we agonised over”

Also, they said William was “violently ill”. Robbie Williams’ illness was caused after eating grilled lobster with saffron aioli and lobster salad, media reports.

Robbie posted on his blog a photo with the message: “Hey folks. Thank you for your messages and love. I’m not completely out of the woods yet but feeling much better.”

“Gutted for everyone involved with the tour,” he said.

“Feeling dreadful for letting the fans down. I’m so, so sorry. Here’s me and my drip,” Williams added.

[Photo: RobbieWilliams.com]