Party held at Jonah Shacknai’s mansion after 6-year-old boy suffers fatal fall on the stairs?


The boy, Max Shacknai, died at the hospital a few days later from the injuries he suffered when he fell.

A few hours after the alleged party took place Shacknai’s girlfriend Rebecca Nalepa, who was at home when Max fell on the stairs, was found dead, hanging naked from a balcony, her hands and feet bound with orange electrical cord.

The Daily Mail reports that the police are investigating reports about a noisy party that is said to have taken place in the Spreckels Mansion in San Diego as Shacknai and his ex-wife held a vigil at their son’s bedside.

Last week Max Shacknai was rushed to a San Diego hospital after falling down the stairs at his father’s house. Two days after the fall, Shacknai’s girlfriend was found hanging naked from a second-storey balcony.

Adam Shacknai, the tycoon’s brother who had been staying at a guesthouse on the property, was the one who found Nalepa. He cut her down and called 911.

Police investigators want to determine if Nalepa committed suicide or whether she had been murdered.

Detectives are now examining the reports on the alleged party.

Homicide Sergeant Roy Frank told the Daily Mail: “We received information that there may have been a party at the house on Tuesday. This is only a report. The exact nature of the get together at the house is something we will be looking at.”

“I think that anything that was going on in Rebecca’s life prior to her death we would be looking into. For instance, if she was feeling suicidal or depressed. We would be looking into the victimology,” he added.

The two deaths have brought Shacknai’s past into the attention. He is described as an ambitious player in the pharmaceuticals industry, with a company worth $700 million annually.

New reports say that Nalepa has a past conviction for shoplifting. Last December she had quit her job as an ophthalmic technician to devote her time to Shacknai, Max and his other two children.

Nalepa, a Burmese woman, and Shacknai had been together for two years. The millionaire was not at his home when the tragedies happened.