Conrad Murray trial: Michael Jackson called propofol his “milk”

The cardiologist’s involuntary manslaughter trial continued in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles County coroner’s investigator Elissa Fleak testified Wednesday in the trial and showed the court a photo of all the medicine she found in the room where Jackson died. In addition to a mixture of powerful sedatives, she also discovered a bag full of bottles of propofol, a powerful anesthetic.

The bag had been purchased by Jackson ’s bodyguard, Alberto Alvarez, at the request of Dr. Murray.

On Friday jurors had the opportunity to hear the recording of an interview conducted by police on June 27, 2009 , two days after the late singer’s death.

During the taped interview, Murray recounted how he first gave the star a cocktail of sedatives during the eight hours preceding the death of his patient, after a series of futile efforts to help Jackson to rest.

Murray also revealed that he had been giving the singer propofol almost every night at Jackson ’s request. However, this time he only gave him a very small dose of 25 mg because of other drugs he’d also administered.

The doctor said that Jackson was a heavy user of propofol when he entered the star’s service in May 2009.

Murray explained how MJ became increasingly frustrated by his chronic insomnia and complained to his doctor that he had to cancel his comeback tour at the O2 Arena in London.

“He complained, he was going to have to cancel the (rehearsal),” Murray said. “It would not satisfy his fans if he wasn’t rested well.”

Murray says Jackson insisted that he give him his “milk”.

“I’d like to have some milk. Please, please give me some,” Jackson allegedly said.

Murray explained that MJ used the term “milk” for propofol. At the insistence of his patient, the doctor acknowledged having administered propofol to his patient almost every day.

In the 2009 recording, Murray assumed that because of energy supplements Jackson was taking from another doctor, propofol “was the only thing that worked for him. I constantly cautioned him that it was an artificially induced sleep and he needed to go back to a natural pattern of sleep” and eventually “be on your own, with milk and cookies.”

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

The cardiologist then told detectives that he briefly left the room to go to the bathroom, and when he came back, Jackson had stopped breathing. As CPR proved unsuccessful, he called 911.

“I’m trying to do it the best I can and I’m trying to get help,” Murray said.

“I love Mr. Jackson, he was my friend and he opened up to me in different ways and I wanted to help him as much as I can,” Murray says during the recording. “I was trying to wean him off the propofol.”

The defense claims Jackson took a fatal dose of drugs on the morning of June 25, 2009 , while Murray wasn’t present.

On Thursday, toxicologist Dan Anderson told the court that Jackson had six different drugs in his system when he died, including propofol and another milder anaesthetic, lidocaine, sedatives Ativan, Versed and Valium as well as a small trace of ephedrine, a drug used to treat hypertension.

In addition, reports say a child-sized porcelain doll was discovered in Jackson ’s bed on the day he died.

A photo of the doll found on top of the covers, lying next to a CD player, was shown to the jury in the Conrad Murray trial.

It is unknown yet whether the toy had already been there when Jackson died or if it was brought by one of his kids in the hustle that followed the star’s death.