Amy Winehouse’s cause of death finally revealed by toxicology reports

The soul singer died accidentally because of heavily absorbed doses of alcohol – she had 4.16 grams of alcohol in the blood at the time of her death.

Ruled as “death by misadventure,” according to coroner Suzanne Greenaway, adding that the singer had absorbed huge amounts of alcohol mass after several weeks of abstinence.

Winehouse was an “intelligent, determined young woman who, at times, was able to successful abstain from alcohol,” the coroner said, announcing the cause of death as “alcohol toxicity.”

Amy’s doctor Christina Romete has revealed that she met the 27-year-old on the eve of her death.

She said Winehouse had been “tipsy” but “calm” and coherent and “able to hold a conversation” during the visit.

“She didn’t want to die, she was looking forward to the future,” the doctor added.

After the cause of death was revealed, Winehouse’s family issued a statement: “It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy. We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away; it is likely a build up of alcohol in her system over a number of days. The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time.”