iPad 3 rumored to be released in March with 4G

Citing manufacturing partners in Asia, the site reports that the iPad 3 should include a high resolution screen, a faster quad-core processor and that it will offer 4G LTE compatibility.

A new battery will also double the runtime, sources said. The device will reportedly be ready for mass production in February and it will go on sale in March.

Tech site Macotakara indicated that the tablet will be a few millimeters thicker than its predecessor and that it could include personal voice assistant Siri.

Also according to these sources, the production of the iPad 2 could increase from 14-15 million units in the first months of 2011 to 4-5 million in early 2012

Production of the iPad 3 was assigned to Pegatron, which will perform 85%, and Foxconn, for the remaining 15%.