But until the fifth iPhone hits the market, Apple fans are still excited to get their hands on the iPhone 4S.
Here are a series of rumors about the iPhone 5, from the rumored launch to design, components, specifications and more:
• The new iPhone 5 will be equipped with an A5 dual-core processor like the iPad 2.
• The device could have a white version and be equipped with a CDMA chip.
• The iPhone 5 could sport an 8MP camera or even better.
• The display is rumored to sport 4 inches.
• The iPhone 5 could have NFC and LTE technology.
• The handset could benefit from iTunes Cloud and it may have greatly improved voice control systems.
• The new iPhone could be released in a special version designed for mobile operators that already offer access to the 4G network.
• The best equipped iPhone model could have 64 GB of internal memory.
• According to latest the rumors, the iPhone 5 might not offer such a large storage capacity based on internal memory and that would require the user to buy a memory card with the desired capacity.
• The new iPhone could have a totally new design, inspired by the design of the iPad 2.
• The iPhone 5 could make full HD videos.
• The new iPhone could be released in a low-cost version.
• The iPhone 5 may not have a Home button and it could be powered by much better battery autonomy.
• The new iPhone might have a screen that could capture 3D content (with or without glasses).
• According to Susquehanna, Apple has decided to launch the new iPhone in June next year.
• iPhone 5 will get a larger screen than the 3.8 or 4.0, namely 4S inches.
• Recent rumors say that Apple is preparing to incorporate in the future iPhone a camera with Advanced Light Field technology, which would enable the user to choose the focus points taking the shot.
• Other rumors say that Apple is considering equipping the iPhone with an A6 quad-core processor and a special anti-shock system similar to airbags.
• The iPhone 5 will appear in the summer according to an unnamed source from the manufacturer Foxconn.
• Another series of rumors surrounding the iPhone 5 claim the smartphone will have an A6 quad-core 28-nm SoC processor, developed by Samsung.
• The iPhone 5 could sport Apple’s I / O Apple technology called Thundebolt that enables a faster transfer of data and phone recharging.
• The iPhone 5 will have a rubber or plastic bezel when it arrives in the fall of 2012.
What rumor do you think is closest to the future of the iPhone 5?