Martian is a watch that connects to the iPhone via Bluetooth and controls the device through voice commands with the help of Siri.
By simply speaking and listening through your Martian Watch, while leaving your phone in a pocket, purse or backpack, you can:
• Place and answer calls.
• Send and receive text messages (“text-to-speech” played through the watch).
• Use your phone’s native voice command app, such as Siri, S-Voice, or Google Voice, to set calendar events and reminders, and search for information.
• Be notified of incoming calls, texts, and calendar and social media events with vibration, an LED light and OLED text display.
• Incoming call alert via vibration, green LED and caller ID display.
• Accept or decline incoming calls with the push of a button, or decline with a shake of the wrist.
• Talk and Listen using Martian’s clear speaker and noise-cancellation microphone.
• Wireless leash option – Notifies you when your phone is left behind.
• Connects to mobile phone using Bluetooth wireless technology – almost anything you can do with your Bluetooth headset, you can do with your Martian Watch.
The watch will let you know when you have a new call or text, play music or show the messages on its OLED display.
What Martian does is that it takes control of the iPhone with the help of Bluetooth.
It also comes with a “wireless leash” that alerts you in case you left your phone behind.
If the project manages to raise $200,000 on Kickstarter, it could arrive on the market as early as next year.
The watch will be available in three flavors and come at a price ranging from $179 to $229.