The iOS 6.0.1 version reportedly fixes the bug that caused errors when users installed software updates over-the-air for the iPhone 5.
To download the update directly to your iOS device, go to Settings> General> Software Update.
You must first download and install a special “iOS updater” app that is removed from the device after 6.0.1 is installed.
Cult of Mac posted screenshots that can guide you through the update process.
Here is the complete changelog of what the update improves.
· Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings.
· Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard.
· Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off.
· Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod Touch (fifth-generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 WiFi networks.
· Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances.
· Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match.
· Fixes a Passcode Lock bug, which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen.