iPhone 5C production halted as Apple plans to focus on iPhone 5S – rumor

According to a report by Digitimes, which cites unnamed “industry sources,” Foxconn won’t completely reduce production of the device, but weekly output will be cut down to a certain extent.

Foxconn is reportedly responsible for 30 % of the orders for the iPhone 5C, while Pegatron handles the other 70 %.

Last month a report by NPD DisplaySearch claimed Apple increased orders for the iPhone 5S and reduced production for the 5C.

A similar report by The Wall Street Journal stated that both Foxconn and Pegatron had received notifications from Apple to reduce the number of iPhone 5C units produced daily in Q4 of 2014.