iPhone 6 rumors: Apple to start production in July, August

Digitimes reports that Foxconn will begin mass production of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 in July and the 5.5-inch model in August.

The Hon Hai company has received orders for the release of 70% of 4.7-inch smartphones in 2014 and 2015. The remaining 30% will be assigned to Pegatron.

The assembly of the 4-inch iPhone 5/5S/5C will be entrusted to a third supplier, Wistron.

The report also adds that Cupertino relies on the sale of 4- and 4.7-inch iPhone models and that they will be the “main sales force for Apple in 2014.”

This seems to indicate that the 5.5-inch phablet iPhone will represent a smaller percentage of the offer.