Bill Cosby stand-up shows canceled amid accusations of molestation

Facebook

While allegations of rape and s-xual assault are increasing, the 77-year-old actor is seeing his professional projects collapse.

According to the New York Daily News, Cosby’s performances at casinos in Las Vegas and Tucson, Ariz., have been cancelled after a mutual agreement with the actor was reached.

Casino spokeswoman Michelle Knoll is cited as saying that “it wasn’t a good time” for the show planned for Nov. 28 and that refunds will be given.

The Diamond Desert Casino in Tucson announced the cancelation of a Feb. 15 performance without giving any reason.

Several women have come forward lately claiming they had been raped or s-xually assaulted by the one known to millions as America’s Dad.

In a statement issued on Friday, Cosby’s lawyer called the allegations “fantastical stories” and criticized the media for publicizing “ridiculous allegations.“

“The new, never-before-heard claims from women who have come forward in the past two weeks with unsubstantiated, fantastical stories about things they say occurred 30, 40 or even 50 years ago have escalated past the point of absurdity,” attorney Martin Singer said in a statement.

“These brand new claims about alleged decades-old events are becoming increasingly ridiculous, and it is completely illogical that so many people would have said nothing, done nothing and made no reports to law enforcement or asserted civil claims if they thought they had been assaulted over a span of so many years.”

An interview taped by the Associated Press with the comedian shows his refusal to answer all questions regarding the accusations of s-xual assault and even asking the interviewer to “scuttle” the questions about the allegations.