Angelina Jolie turns 36 today.
Even though she’s known to have been a troubled youth, Angelina Jolie is currently complete. She has a large family, a successful career and she is a Goodwill Ambassador for the UNHCR organization, consistently donating money to children in underprivileged countries and continuously involved in humanitarian activities.
Talented actress, sex symbol, mother of six, Goodwill Ambassador. Angelina Jolie has truly accomplished in her 36 years what others never achieve in a lifetime. And that’s why we simply love her and wish her a happy 36th anniversary!
Here are a few facts about Angie.
• She began her modeling career at the age of 14.
• In 2004, Esquire magazine named her “Sexiest Woman Alive”.
• She has a private pilot certificate.
• Also in 2004, she started her a relationship with Brad Pitt who admitted in a recent interview that they are considering formalizing their relationship for the sake of their children.
• She gave all the awards she had won (Oscar, Golden Globes, SAG Awards, Critics Choice) to her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who died two years ago of ovarian cancer.
• Angelina has 15 tattoos, among which six tattoos representing the coordinates of where her children and Brad Pitt were born.
• She teaches her adopted son Maddox about Buddhism, considering it’s her duty to make him know the religion of the area where he was born.
• Jolie’s first film as a director, titled “In the Land of Blood and Honey,” takes place during the Bosnian war. It arrives on the big screen on December 23, 2011.
• Johnny Depp, who co-starred Angelina in the film “The Tourist,” has said that she has a “wonderfully kind of dark, perverse sense of humor.”