The results of an autopsy revealed that the actor’s death was accidental and is not related to a possible drug overdose.
Jeff Conaway passed away on May 27.
The autopsy shows that his death was natural and caused by a major internal infection.
The reason why a toxicology test was not conducted was that the 60-year-old actor was hospitalized for weeks and his blood would have tested clean.
Conaway suffered from pneumonia and sepsis, a severe blood infection. The star remained in a coma for two weeks before his death until he was taken off life support on May 27.