At first sight, they seem different. Beyoncé is the queen of R & B and soul, while Shakira distinguishes herself through a pop-rock style, interwined with Arabian elements. For their first duet, “Beautiful Liar,” they were barely distinguishable from each other.
Here are some things you might not know about these two artists:
• Shakira means “grateful” and “full of grace” in Arabic.
• Says she doesn’t want to be perceived as a model.
• She loves the sea, she was born and grew closer to the ocean, and she calls it a “magical place.”
• She likes to read about history and sometimes feels like was born in the wrong era.
• She thinks the best part of her body is her brain.
• She admires people who take their clothes off for art, but believes something like that doesn’t suit her.
• Her favorite flowers are sunflowers and daisies.
• She likes to swim and play tennis; she loves Indian movies and music.
• Lists John Lennon as her #1 musical influence.
• Her name comes from her mother’s maiden name.
• At 7, she won the top prize in a competition for children, where she performed the song “Imagine” by John Lennon.
• She would have liked to have Latin origins.
• She’s good friends with Gwyneth Paltrow, and she’s known Kelly Rowland since childhood.
• She’s a fan of the music and dance from Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
• She developed a stage persona named “Sasha” in order to get over her shyness.
• She and her group were discovered by Whitney Houston.
• She is a big fan of Indian actress Aishwarya Rai.
• Her favorite item of clothing is a pair of path work metallic boots.
Make a choice. Who is your favorite?
- Shakira (54%, 440 Votes)
- Beyoncé (46%, 372 Votes)
Total Voters: 811