First we paid tribute to Etta James, now James Brown is celebrated by artists around the world.
The song “It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World” has been recorded by many artists in various tones over the years.
Christina Aguilera paid tribute to the late James Brown by performing the song at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards in 2007. Her performance has been voted as the 3rd Most Memorable Grammy Performance of all time.
During her 2008-2009 Taking Chances Tour, Céline Dion performed the song as well.
Cher recorded it on her 1995 album “It’s a Man’s World”.
Van Morrison included a live version of the single on his 1994 double album A Night In San Francisco.
Brown’s rendition of “Man’s World” is seen as an amazingly dramatic record. The song is a play on the 1963 cross-country chase comedy It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
Who covered the song better? Voting is open until Sunday (March 25).
Who covered the song better?
- Christina Aguilera (41%, 101 Votes)
- Céline Dion (12%, 29 Votes)
- Dianna Agron (10%, 25 Votes)
- Seal (5%, 12 Votes)
- Van Morrison (2%, 5 Votes)
- Cher (1%, 2 Votes)
- Glennis Grace (1%, 3 Votes)
- Etta James (8%, 20 Votes)
- Joss Stone (4%, 10 Votes)
- Tom Jones (2%, 6 Votes)
- Charly Luske (0%, 1 Votes)
- Renee Geyer (1%, 3 Votes)
- Leela James (2%, 5 Votes)
- Big Maybelle (4%, 11 Votes)
- MC5 (7%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 246