The singer was found lifeless in her bathtub, according to TMZ.
So far the official cause of death hasn’t been found but an autopsy on the singer’s body will be performed today, TMZ reports. However, results will be revealed later after the toxicology report.
The gossip site also writes that sources close to the singer said that she used to take Xanax before her shows. Family members said Whitney had a prescription for the drug, which is commonly used to treat anxiety and depression.
In addition, Houston had been drinking a lot the night before she died.
Alcohol, in combination with Xanax, is a powerful sedative, which could have made her fall asleep in the bathtub.
Whitney’s stylist, hairdresser and two bodyguards become worried that she had been in the bathroom for more than an hour and she had to get ready for the Clive Davis party.
After knocking on the door and getting no answer, the hairdresser, who is female, went in to check on her. As she started screaming, one of the bodyguards came running in and pulled her out of the tub.
Apparently, she had slid down the back of the tub as her face was underwater. her body was very cold and the bodyguard tried to perform CPR.
EMTS arrived immediately but the singer was pronounced dead Saturday at 3:55 PM.
Beverly Hills found various prescription bottles in the hotel room but no illicit drugs.