The Grammy Awards are considered the most prestigious awards ceremonies in the field of music. A Grammy for an artist usually provides a winning reputation and global recognition.
Here are some predictions we made regarding the main categories and the nominees.
Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
Have not Met You Yet – Michael Buble
This Is It – Michael Jackson
Whataya Want from Me? – Adam Lambert
Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
Half of My Heart – John Mayer
While we agree that Michael Jackson deserves a posthumous award, we believe Bruno Mars, who has a bit of MJ in him, is more likely to walk away with this distinction.
What is your pick for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance ?
- Have not Met You Yet - Michael Buble (10%, 6 Votes)
- This Is It - Michael Jackson (48%, 30 Votes)
- Whataya Want from Me? - Adam Lambert (14%, 9 Votes)
- Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars (22%, 14 Votes)
- Half of My Heart - John Mayer (6%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 63
Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
King of Anything – Sara Bareilles
Halo – Beyonce
Chasing Pirates – Norah Jones
Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
Teenage Dream – Katy Perry
Three queens of the hit parades will play shoulder to shoulder in this category, Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Katy Perry. Lady Gaga is a big contender in this field with tunes that wouldn’t leave our heads every time we heard them.
What is your picks for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance?
- King of Anything - Sara Bareilles (2%, 1 Votes)
- Halo - Beyonce (27%, 13 Votes)
- Chasing Pirates - Norah Jones (8%, 4 Votes)
- Bad Romance - Lady Gaga (48%, 23 Votes)
- Teenage Dream - Katy Perry (15%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 48
Record of the Year
Nothin’ on you – B.O.B feat Bruno Mars
Love the way you lie – Eminem feat. Rihanna
Fuck you – Cee Lo Green
Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys
Need you know – Lady Antebellum
“Love the way you lie” is a big favorite in this category. The power of the pair might impress voters.
What is your pick for Record of the Year?
- Nothin' on you - B.O.B feat Bruno Mars (10%, 4 Votes)
- Love the way you lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna (44%, 17 Votes)
- Fuck you - Cee Lo Green (8%, 3 Votes)
- Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys (13%, 5 Votes)
- Need you know - Lady Antebellum (25%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 39
Album of the Year
Arcade Fire – The Suburbs
Eminem – Recovery
Lady Antebellum – Need you know
Lady Gaga – The Fame Monster
Katy Perry – Teenage Dream
Lady Gaga is a favorite figure of the evening in this battle in which she’ll be confronting Eminem and his successful album. With a prolific year behind her, we believe Gaga is set to win this prize.
What is your pick for Album of the Year ?
- Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (11%, 6 Votes)
- Eminem - Recovery (44%, 24 Votes)
- Lady Antebellum - Need you know (4%, 2 Votes)
- Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster (35%, 19 Votes)
- Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (6%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 55
Song of the Year
Love the Way you Lie – Eminem feat. Rihanna
Fuck you – Cee Lo Green
Need You Now – Lady Antebellum
The house that built me – Miranda Lambert
Beg Steal or Borrow – Ray Lamontagne and the Pariah Dogs
Once again, Eminem is a favorite, with a subject covering a real-life situation: the Rihanna-Chris Brown incident. The duo is a powerful one and the fact that it’s a matter that was unfolded in the press gives more weight to the message.
What is your pick for Song of the Year?
- Love the Way you Lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna (62%, 21 Votes)
- Fuck you - Cee Lo Green (18%, 6 Votes)
- Need You Now - Lady Antebellum (15%, 5 Votes)
- The house that built me - Miranda Lambert (3%, 1 Votes)
- Beg Steal or Borrow - Ray Lamontagne and the Pariah Dogs (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 34
Best New Artist
Florence + The Machine
Mumford & Sons
Here’s an award that is likely to have the planet scream when it will be announced. Pop sensation Justin Bieber took the spotlight in the past year with his singing skills and had millions of teen girls fall head over heels for him.
What is your pick for Best New Artist?
- Justin Bieber (26%, 11 Votes)
- Drake (33%, 14 Votes)
- Florence + The Machine (33%, 14 Votes)
- Mumford & Sons (5%, 2 Votes)
- Esperanza Spalding (3%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 42