When it comes to gaffes by politicians, no country can escape the vigilance of the press in mocking their mistakes.
Perhaps comics would find it harder to make fun of politicians unless they made gaffes in their speeches.
Here is a top of the funniest blunders made by politicians around the world:
5. “I was in Germany over the weekend and President Putin of Germany Gave one of the old Cold War Speeches he addressed the conference there, ” Sen. John McCain said in his presidential campaign.
4. “I would never approach a small-breasted woman,” said President Bill Clinton, denying that he had sexually assaulted Kathleen Willey.
3. “I’ve now been in 57 states – I think one left to go,” said the current president, Barack Obama, during a campaign in Beaverton, Oregon.
2. “Queen Elizabeth Taylor,” said Thai Prime Minister Banharn Silpa-Archa, referring to the Queen of England.
1. “I am not a communist and neither is the revolutionary movement”, said Fidel Castro, a man who had stated about himself: “I am a Marxist-Leninist and I will be one until the last day of my life.”