After much speculation and rumors, Samsung’s flagship device has just been officially launched at a London event.
Finally, we have the official announcement of the Galaxy S3.
The handset was presented by Samsung president JK Shin: “There were a lot of rumours and speculation – some were right, and some were wrong. The Galaxy S3 is the best-in-class smartphone in the world.”
Introduced at an Apple-style launch party in London, this new high-end smartphone from Samsung presents the following characteristics:
• 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor
• 1GB RAM
• Removable 2,100mAh battery
• Height – 136mm, Width – 70mm, Depth – 8.5mm and Weight – 133grams
• Up to 32gb (+64gb with card) storage
• Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
• 4.8 inch (12.2cm) Super Amoled (active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) display
• 8 megapixel camera capable of speeds of up to 20 frames per second
• NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi Direct, DLNA, MHL-compatible micro-USB port and headphone socket
• Face-recognition technology and voice control system called S Voice, similar to iPhone’s Siri
• ‘Pop up Play’ option that enables multitasking
The S3 will be available in two colours, pebble blue and marble white, and with other options available at a later date.
Samsung will launch the device at the end of May, starting in Europe, followed by other regions.