Winner: Glee – Director’s Cut (Pilot), Ryan Murphy
- Nominee: Glee – Wheels, Paris Barclay
- Nominee: Modern Family (Pilot), Jason Winer
- Nominee: Nurse Jackie (Pilot), Allen Coulter
- Nominee: 30 Rock – I Do Do, Don Scardino
- Nominee: Glee – Director’s Cut (Pilot), Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan
Winner: Modern Family (Pilot), Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd
- Nominee: The Office – Niagara, Greg Daniels and Mindy Kaling
- Nominee: 30 Rock – Anna Howard Shaw Day, Matt Hubbard
- Nominee: 30 Rock – Lee Marvin Vs. Derek Jeter, Tina Fey and Kay Cannon
- Nominee: Chris Colfer, Glee
- Nominee: Neil Patrick Harris, How I Met Your Mother
- Nominee: Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family
Winner: Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family
- Nominee: Ty Burrell, Modern Family
- Nominee: Jon Cryer, Two And A Half Men
Jamie Oliver, British chef, won for his US series about childhood obesity called Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution.
Actress Betty White won after being named best guest actress in a comedy series while hosting Saturday Night Live.
Neil Patrick Harris also won two Emmys in 22 year television career for his role in Glee. He also played in How I Met Your Mother, hosted the Tony Awards 2009 and others.
The actress won the Oscar in 1963 for her role in Hud but she quit acting at the age of 39 due to a series of strokes.
After she got better, she returned to acting and won another Oscar and had several Emmy nominations.
Patricia was born in Tennessee and was married for 30 years to Roald Dahl.
The actress played in movies such as The Day the Earth Stood Still and A Face In The Crowd.
According to one of her family members, the actress said on the day before she died that: “I’ve had a lovely time.”
“She faced her final illness as she had all of the many trials she endured, with indomitable grace, good humor and a great deal of her self-described stubbornness.”
Jean Simmons, the winner of a Emmy Award for her performance in “The Thorn Birds” in the ‘80s, died in her home from Santa Monica on Friday due to lung cancer, announced her agent.
Jean Simmons, moved to Hollywood in 1950, and became known to public due to performing Estella in Great Expectation. Then, her career had an amazing ascension and she had to opportunity to perform next to Gregory Peck, Paul Newman and Kirk Douglas.
She was nominated to Oscar awards for performing in “The Happy Ending” in 1969, and then she performed in television in ‘70s, ‘80s and ‘90s.
Jean was married initially to British actor Stewart Granger, who met on “Caesar and Cleopatra” set. The couple was friends to mogul Howard Hughes, who arranged their marriage.
The two had a daughter, Tracy, and performed together in numerous movies.
The couple divorced in 1960, and Simmons decided to get marry to Richard Brooks, with whom had a daughter, Kate, from which divorced in 1977.