Brittany Murphy – Simon Monjack possible cause of death: mold

This parasitic fungus has the ability to attack the breathing system.

The American actress Brittany Murphy and her husband, Simon Monjack, died within five months of each other, and both deaths were initially put into pneumonia.

The two deaths are now investigated by the Department of Public Health in Los Angeles, and mold is considered a relevant factor for the respiratory health systems of the two artists.

The presence of mold in the West Hollywood Hills residence of the couple was seen by police officers since December 2009, when they were investigating the circumstances of death of actress Brittany Murphy, but at that time, it was considered “a factor”.

Sharon Murphy, the mother of Brittany Murphy, allowed U.S. investigators to examine again the victims residence. Monjack Simon’s mother decided to leave Europe and move back in the United States to be present while investigation occurs.

Recently, Roger Neal, Simon Monjack’s press officer, confirmed that Simon needed a bypass intervention, but it was postponed because he was – professionally – too busy.

Brittany Murphy, known for her roles in “Clueless” and “8 Mile”, has died at the age of 32 following a cardiac arrest on December 20, 2009. She was discovered in the bathroom of her residence in Hollywood Hills.

According to forensic experts, in her blood was discovered a combination of medicines with and without prescription. The doctors didn’t detect any drugs in Brittany’s bloodstream.

Her husband, screenwriter Simon Monjack has been found dead in his home in LA, five months after her death.

Image source:

Simon Monjack, 39, passed away last night

It seems that the man was found unconscious last night and pronounced dead soon after her mother called 911.

According to police statements Brittany’s mom, Sharon, found Simon around 9:30, unresponsive.

Rumors say that the cause of death appeared to be a heart attack, nevertheless, detectives are investigating.

Both Brittany and Simon were found unconscious by Sharon in the same room, possibly having succumbed to cardiac arrest.

Image source:

Simon Monjack’s world it’s destroyed !!

Brittany Murphy’s husband talk for the first time about the circumstances of her death.
Screenwriter Simon Monjack gave the first statements after his wife death. Monjack also said that Brittany had been sick lately but nothing badly. “She had laryngitis,” he said, nothing she had seen a doctor. “She had been tired at the end of the year. She had made a couple movies.”

Monjack talked about the fact that the community offered an outpouring of love and condolences for Murphy – and one message, in particular, was very moving to him.
One of those messages were from Ashton Kutcher : “2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany’s family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon. see you on the other side kid.”

Moreover, Monjack said about Ashton : “I loved what Ashton wrote on Twitter. It was comforting to me,” Monjack told Access Hollywood, adding he did not know his wife’s former “Just Married” co-star personally. “I couldn’t have said it better.”

As far as what happened inside the actress’ home early Sunday, when Murphy was found unresponsive in the shower, Monjack said up to that point, it had just been “a regular day and also that Brittany’s mother, Sharon, went into the bathroom because she had been in there a long time. Her mom screamed for me and I ran. Then called 911,” said the hurt husband.

Ed Winter, Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner, said that the actress’ death “appears to be natural at this time”.On Sunday, an autopsy was being conducted on Monday to determine the exact cause of death. Only after the toxicological tests we will know the real causes of actress death.

Rumor has it that Murphy was fired from “The Caller” movie distribution, also her spokesman said that the contract interruption was due to some differences upon creativity. When Murphy and her husband came back to L.A. she lost knowledge and was taken to the hospital.